See your International Student Adviser, Heather Ropelato or Tammi Johnson at the International Programs Office for any updates, questions, or to turn in paperwork for all of the following:
- Go to class every day
- Complete the 8-week session you are enrolled in
- Get health insurance for you and all of your dependents who are in the U.S.
- Get your I-20 signed for travel if you plan to leave the U.S. for vacation
- Contact your International Student Adviser with your new address within 10 days of moving
- Get a job offer before applying for a Social Security number
- Work up to 20 hours per week – on-campus only
- Keep your passport valid at all times while you are in the U.S.
- Contact your International Student Adviser if you need to renew your passport
- Renew your visa if you travel outside of the U.S. (except for Canada and Mexico)
- Keep your I-20 valid while you are in the U.S. (#5 on your I-20)
- Get the forms to extend your I-20 if it will end before you complete classes: Extension Form
- Contact your International Student Adviser for new I-20 if you start a bachelor’s, master’s or Ph.D. degree at the University of Idaho after completing the American Language and Culture Program (ALCP)
- Contact your International Student Adviser if you plan to leave the U.S. at the end of the session
- Contact your International Student Adviser if you plan to transfer to another school: Transferring from the ALCP
- You must leave the U.S. within 60 days (F-1) 30 days (J-1) of graduating from ALCP, UNLESS you start a program at the University of Idaho or transfer to another school
- You must leave the U.S. within 10 days if you do not finish ALCP classes
- You must take 5 sessions of ALCP in a row (one academic year) before you can ask for a session break/vacation, unless you have graduated from ALCP.