This tutorial applies to the following operating system(s):
Windows - Macintosh
Students at UI are credited an allotted number of print pages each semester, which is called the print quota. This tutorial will explain the print quota, how it works and how you can increase your print quota by purchasing more pages.
About Print Quota
Each time you print to a Student Computer Lab printer, pages will be deducted from your print quota. Each page represents $0.05. Students are provided with 250 pages ($12.50) each semester. These pages will roll over to subsequent semesters.
Should you need additional print pages, you may stop by the Help Desk or log into the account management page and choose Print Pages from the menu on the left to increase your quota.
Generally, if you print ONE black & white page, ONE page ($0.05) will be deducted from your print quota, and if you print ONE color page, 20 pages ($1.00) will be deducted from your print quota.
Double-sided printing and multiple pages per sheet:
- If you print one double – sided page you will be charged for one page.
- If you print multiple pages per sheet, you will be charged one page for each single-sided page that comes out of the printer and still only one page for each double-sided page that comes out of the printer. You will NOT be charged unless your print job actually comes out of a printer.
Should a student require more print pages, they can be purchased through the support site. The tutorial below will guide students through increasing their print quota by purchasing more print pages.
In a web browser such as Firefox or Internet Explorer, and navigate to the Account Management page at https://help.uidaho.edu and enter your NetID credentials into the field. Remember, you NetID username and password is the same one you use to access university resources such as BBLearn and Banner.
Once logged in, click the “Print Pages” link in the menu on the left. This will take you to the where you can purchase print pages. Use the drop-down menu to select the number of pages you wish to purchase.
- The pages you purchase will roll over if not used fully during the current term.
- The pages can be purchased at a rate of $1 = 20 black-and-white prints
- Print pages in your quota can be used for both black-and-white and color printing.
- The purchase is pushed out to your general UI account that you can pay on VandalWeb. This is the same account used to push out tuition, housing and other university-related payments.
With the number of pages you wish to purchase selected, click the button at the bottom and your print pages will be instantly added to your quota. You will also receive a confirmation email to your student email account on file.