Set up your Voicemail
You will receive an email notification from ITS providing you with your voicemail PIN. Press the voicemail button on your phone or dial 51700 and enter the PIN provided in the email. Cisco Unity Connection will walk you through the process of setting up your voicemail box on the new system.
If you did not receive a voicemail PIN or are not sure what your PIN for voicemail is set to, please contact the ITS Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-885-4357.
When contacting the Help Desk for phone assistance it is best to provide the following information:
- 5-digit extension of your office number
- NetID (Ex. jvandal)
- Wallplate the phone is connected to, or provide the MAC, which is on the back of the phone, (Ex. MAC:1a2b3c4d5678).
Set and Edit your Voicemail Greetings
Press the Voicemail Button or dial *phone extension and enter your Voicemail PIN to login.
- Press 4 for Setup options
- Press 1 for Greetings.
The attendant will let you know what greeting you have currently setup on your line and the message for the greeting.
- Press 1 to re-record the current greeting.
- Press 2 to turn on your alternate greeting.
Press 3 to edit other greetings. This will allow you to record a specific greeting for any of the messages below.
- Press 1 standard - Plays during normal business hours
- Press 2 Closed - Plays after normal business hours
- Press 3 Holiday - Plays during scheduled holidays. We suggest you use the alternate greeting for holiday greetings.
- Press 4 Busy - Plays when you are busy on the phone.
- Press 5 Internal Greeting - Plays when caller is internal caller.
- Press 6 Alternate Greeting - Plays when all other greeting when it is on. Used for special situations such as a vacation or holidays.
Press 4 to play all of your greetings. This will allow you to review what each greeting. Press * to exit.
Access your Voicemail
To access your voicemail, use the VoiceMail button on your phone or dial 5-1700 and enter your PIN followed by # to hear your VoiceMail.
If you need assistance resetting your VoiceMail PIN please send in a Quick Ticket or contact the Help Desk (email@example.com).
When sending in your Quick Ticket please provide the following:
- NetID (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 5-digit phone number extension (ex. 5-1234)
- Single Number Reach - If you have single number reach enabled please use the dedicated voicemail number.
- To access your voicemail off campus, dial the dedicated voicemail number 208-885-1700 or call your office phone 208-XXX-XXXX.
- If you dialed the dedicated voicemail number continue to the next step. If you dialed into your office phone, during the VoiceMail greeting press * to continue.
- Enter your ID. This will be your five digit extension (Ex. 51234) followed by #.
- Enter your PIN followed by # to access your VoiceMail.
Change your Voicemail PIN
If you have received a Voicemail PIN from ITS, you can change this PIN using your new phone.
- Press the Voicemail button on your phone or dial *phone number extension (ex. *54357)
- Enter your current Voicemail PIN to log into the Voicemail system.
- Press 4 for setup options
- Press 3 for preferences
- Press 1 to change your PIN
Your Voicemail PIN requires a minimum 5 numeric characters. You cannot use alpha or special characters for your Voicemail PIN.
Skipping a Message in Voicemail
Press the # button to skip to the end of a message. Press the # button twice to save and skip the message.