Vandal Card Office
Vandal Card: The Official ID Card for the University of Idaho
The Vandal Card is your official University of Idaho ID card for students, staff, faculty and affiliated persons. Vandal Cards are used over two million times per year for many purposes on campus. It provides access to numerous events and facilities, including athletic events, recreational facilities, the Student Health Center and the library. Many locations use it for door access. It is used to obtain financial aid checks. The Vandal Card can also used as a prepaid debit card for purchasing university goods and services.
Our standard business hours have changed:
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Summer Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Fall & Spring Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Vandal Cards are issued in the Vandal Card Office located in the SUB. Valid government issued picture identification is required. A passport is the only valid form of foreign government ID accepted. The list of valid identification is posted in the Vandal Card Office.
Students: Have to be registered for a least 1 credit for the semester that a card is requested.
Faculty/Staff/Affiliate: Employee status determines the requirements. Please contact the Vandal Card Office for the specific requirements for your situation.
The Vandal Card has many uses on campus. They include but are not limited to the following:
- Access to the University of Idaho Library
- Access to recreational facilities
- Access to athletic events ( for students with 8 or more credits)
- Access to ASUI productions
- Access to University Health Services
- Access to authorized buildings, offices, residence halls, and campus meal plans.
- On campus prepaid debit card.
- Required identification for taking some tests.
- Access to on-campus student discounts.
- Access to merchant sponsored student discounts where available.
Faculty and Staff
- Access to the University of Idaho Library.
- Access to recreational facilities. Facilities include Memorial Gym, Kibbie Activity Center, and Swim Center. Fee for using Student Recreation Center (SRC).
- Access to authorized buildings, labs, offices, and meal plans.
- On campus prepaid debit card. Payroll deduction is available.
- Access to Educator’s discounts for products and travel.
- Access to on-campus discounts.
- A lost student or employee vandal card fee of $25.00 is charged to replace lost or stolen Vandal Cards. Cards that are affiliate or vanity, which cost $10 initially, have a $10 lost card fee.
- Lost or stolen cards can be deactivated by calling the Vandal Card Office or going online at https:// vandalweb.uidaho.edu.
- Reactivating a lost card has to be done in person by the card holder. A phone call or e-mail will not be accepted.
- Damaged cards are replaced for free when the old damaged card is returned to the Vandal Card Office.
- Cards are replaced at no charge for name changes or position/title changes when the old card is returned to the Vandal Card Office.
- Replacement costs are non-refundable.
The Vandal Card can be used as a prepaid debit card on campus. Funds can be put on your card at the cashier’s window in the SUB or online via VandalWeb.
Vandal Card deposits will carry over from semester to semester.
Vandal Card deposits can be used at any University cashiering location. Examples are:
- University of Idaho Bookstore Locations
- Sodexho-University Dining Locations
- Campus Vending Machines
- Parking Services
- Student Accounts Cashier’s Window
- Copiers that have Vandal Card readers
- 5% discount on used text books at the University of Idaho Bookstore.
- 5% discount on purchases from SodexhoUniversity Dining locations.
- 20% discount at Residence Hall laundry facilities.
Cash withdrawals are only permitted at the endof an academic year or earlier if the cardholder ceases to be affiliated with the university. When a Vandal Card debit account is closed or a withdrawal is requested, all debts on the cardholder’s University of Idaho account must be satisfied before a refund is issued.
Many departments require a separate ID badge for working on campus. An e-mail or memo from the individual’s Supervisor is required for issuing these.
Alumni Cards: Qualified Alumni can purchase an ID card for use at the SRC for $10.00.
Staff/Student Spouse Cards: Spouse cards can be purchased for $10.00. Student Spouse cards are issued for one (1) year with a $10.00 renewal fee each year. They expire each year matching the affiliate's card expiration. Individuals have to bring in addition to a valid ID, one of the following:
- Marriage License or certificate (English Version)
- Front page of last year’s 1040 Federal Tax form
- showing both names on it.
- Valid Military Dependents ID card.
For other cards available, please contact the Vandal Card Office.
The Vandal Card is valid as long as you are an active student or employee. A new card will be issued if needed past the expiration date.
Access is updated electronically at the beginning of each semester. This is dependent on fees being paid. Resident hall access and meal plans are exempt from being dependent on fees being paid.
Spring semester student’s cards will remain active during the summer.
Meal plan flex dollars are placed on a Vandal Card with the purchase of a meal plan. Flex dollars can be used only to purchase food through the Sodexho-University dining sites located on Campus. They cannot be used in the vending machines.
The Vandal Card debit account enables cardholders to purchase goods and services at participating University of Idaho locations without using cash or checks.
- If your card is lost or stolen, if you contact us within two business days your losses will be limited to the lesser of $50.00 or the actual amount of the loss. If you do not contact us within two business days, your losses will be limited to the lesser of $500.00 or the actual amount of the loss.
- If your card is lost or stolen, contact the VandalCard Office or go online to https://vandalweb.uidaho.edu.
- The Vandal Card Debit account can only be used for purchases of goods and services at participating locations on the University of Idaho campus. Cash withdrawals are only permitted at the end of an academic year or earlier if the cardholder ceases to be affiliated with the university. When a Vandal Card debit account is closed, all debts on the cardholder’s University of Idaho student account must be satisfied before a refund is issued.
- Receipts are available for Vandal Card purchases made at retail Vandal Card locations (i.e. University of Idaho Bookstore; Sodexho Food Services locations; University of Idaho Cashier locations). Receipts are not issued at unattended Vandal Card locations (i.e. vending and copying locations). Statements of Vandal Card transactions are available upon request at the Vandal Card Office or on the web at https://vandalweb.uidaho.edu
- Information regarding the cardholder’s account or transactions may be disclosed to third parties when necessary to complete transactions, when the condition or existence of an account must be verified to comply with government agency or court orders, or with the cardholder’s written permission.
- Errors reported to the Vandal Card Office will be investigated and the cardholder will be notified of the determination with 20 business days.