Travel Request Tips
With the new Travel request form you will only need to submit the request once not every time you require something for your trip.
Include in Estimated Cost
- Registration for training or conference
- Hotel including taxes if possible
- Airfare including checked baggage fees
- Rental car including gas
- Mileage (55.5 cents per mile) either to the destination or the airport
Standard Round Trip Mileages
- Spokane: 180
- Coeur d'Alene: 180
- Lewiston: 66
- Boise: 600
- Seattle: 600
- Portland: 720
Per Diem Limits
In State: Spokane, Tri-Cities and other areas in Washington are only considered out of state if you spend the night.
- Maximum all-day limit
Out of State
- Maximum all day limit
- 7 a.m. and after - No Breakfast
- 11 a.m. and after - No Lunch
- 5 p.m. and after - No Dinner
- 8 a.m. and before - No Breakfast
- 2 p.m. and before - No Lunch
- 7 p.m. and Before - No Dinner
Airfare, hotel and shuttle expenses if paid for online can all be charged to the purchasing card. Hotels will generally fax a credit card authorization for the card holder to complete (if the traveler does not have their own card). You can reserve a rental car with the purchasing card but unless it is your own card you will not be able to use it at time of pick up.
- We need to have a least one week notice.
- When you return you still need to do a travel claim.
- Your advance will only be for 80 percent of the total for per diem and mileage.
- If your expenses are less than the advance you will be responsible for paying the difference.