W-4 and Direct Deposit Setup Instructions
For new and returning employees, online set-up will be available within 2 weeks – ‘Employees’ tab and ‘Payroll’ bullet is listed on your VandalWeb menu. To set up your W-4:
- Log into Vandalweb (www.vandalweb.uidaho.edu)
- Choose “Employees” tab
- Choose “Payroll” tab
- Choose “W-4 Tax Exemptions / Allowances” bullet
- Choose ‘Update’ (center and bottom of web page) and follow the instructions to update your Federal Tax Exemption and State Tax Exemption (each will need to be updated individually)
- Effective Date of Change should follow the effective date of payroll periods, the most current date will auto fill.
- Deduction Status – Most employees status should be Active; if you choose Exempt please verify:
- I claim exemption from withholding for the tax year specified, and I certify that I meet both of the following conditions for exemption:
- Last year I had a right to a refund of all federal income tax withheld because I had no tax liability
- This year I expect a refund of all federal income tax withheld because I expect to have no tax liability
- I claim exemption from withholding for the tax year specified, and I certify that I meet both of the following conditions for exemption.
- Last year I had a right to a refund of all federal income tax withheld because I had no tax liability and
- This year I expect a refund of all federal income tax withheld because I expect to have no tax liability.
- If you meet both conditions, select “Exempt:” in the deduction status field.
Set up Direct Deposit
Due to continued phishing scams that have induced employees to reveal their user names and passwords and resulted in financial losses, we feel compelled to take steps to protect our employees. Accordingly, the university has temporarily suspended the two features in VandalWeb that represent the greatest risk to our campus community:
- Electronic access to W-2 forms via VandalWeb has been disabled, because criminals can use this feature to gain access to your name, address, and/or social security number.
- The ability to add or change direct deposit accounts via VandalWeb has also been disabled, because criminals can use this feature to reroute your paycheck to accounts at other banks (once this happens, the banks are almost never able to recover the lost funds).
To provide long-term security for our employees, the Division of Finance is partnering with ITS to bring multi-factor authentication (MFA) to VandalWeb. Once MFA is in place, we will restore electronic access to W-2 forms and direct deposit information. This additional layer of security will be available before the end of the calendar year.
During this time, if you wish to begin or update your direct deposit information for payroll or reimbursement purposes you can print the Request to Deposit Payroll or Reimbursement Check Form and:
- Mail this form to:
- Payroll Services, 875 Perimeter Dr. MS 4345, Moscow, ID 83844-4345
- Or bring the form to:
- Human Resources, 415 W. 6th Street, Moscow, ID 83844-4345
Do not email this form with sensitive account information!
If you cannot provide a check, you may also provide an official bank direct deposit form, signed and dated. This form can be obtained from your bank.