Criteria for Sustaining Membership
A member in good standing of the University Honors Program must maintain a University of Idaho 3.3 cumulative, institutional GPA, and complete a minimum average of
- three HON-designated credits* in the first semester,
- six HON-designated credits by the end of the second semester,
- 9 HON-designated credits by the end of the fourth semester,
- 12 HON-designated credits by the end of the sixth semester, and
- 13 HON-designated credits by the end of the seventh semester in residence on the Moscow campus.
- Fifth-year seniors must have completed 14 HON-designated credits by the end of their eighth semester.
*Notes: (1) HON credits are those designated as such in the course title and appear with this designation in the official academic transcript—nonhonors credits earned via the Honors Elective Agreement do not count for purposes of determining good standing; (2) only one credit of honors service learning may count toward determination of good standing; (3) semesters that students may spend studying abroad or on domestic exchange are not counted against the determination of good standing.