Foreign Credential Evaluation Services

The University of Idaho Graduate Admissions Office offers a complementary transcript evaluation service. The time involved in the evaluation is dependent on many factors and varies from file to file.

Note: The University of Idaho recommends, and reserves the right to require, a professional credential evaluation by a outside, independent party.

Reasons for outside review include, but are not limited to, verification of document authenticity, potential transfer credits, and the wish to expedite the processing of an application file. You are responsible for supplying the correct academic records and paying for the evaluation service.  You will need to request a course-by-course evaluation.

The professional credential evaluation services, from which the University of Idaho will accept evaluations, are listed below.
World Education Services, Inc. (Preferred Service Provider)
P.O. Box 5087
Bowling Green Station
New York, NY 10274-5087
Phone: (212) 966-6311
Fax: (212) 739-6100
AACRAO Foreign Education Credential Service
International Education Services
One Dupont Circle, NW
Suite 520
Washington, D.C. 20036-1135
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470
Phone: (414) 289-3400
Fax: (414) 289-3411
Foundation for International Services, Inc.
*Translation Service also available
505 5th Avenue South, Suite 101
Edmonds, WA 98020
Phone: (425) 248-2255
Fax: (425) 248-2262
International Education Research Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 3665
Culver City, CA 90231-3665
Phone: (310) 258-9451
Fax: (310) 342-7086
Important Notes: 
  • All documents are subject to verification by University of Idaho.
  • All documents received by University of Idaho become the property of University of Idaho and will not be released to anyone or any institution--not even the applicant.
  • University of Idaho evaluates credentials earned through formal academic training only. Applicants should NOT submit documentation of short-term professional development courses or other non-formal, non-academic training with their application; as such documents will not be evaluated or reflected in the University of Idaho evaluation report.
  • If applicable, applicants must submit proof of name change. (Clear, legible photocopy of marriage certificate, for example.)
  • Some academic institutions can take several weeks to provide transcripts so applicants may want to request their transcript at the earliest possible
  • An Application and an Application Fee are valid for a specific degree, major, and semester. Any change in degree, major or semester before enrollment requires a new application.
  • Graduate Admissions will not disclose to an applicant reasons for denial. Graduate Admissions will encourage the student to contact the department directly and inquire how they might improve their application for future admissions. (The Department can choose to disclose or not.)