Translations of Transcripts

If you are residing in the United States, you may contact the consulate or embassy of the document’s issuing country or a certified translation service. To assist you with this process, three suggested translation services located in the US are listed here or translation services can be found in the yellow pages of the phone book under Translators and Interpreters.
Foundation for International Services, Inc.
14926 - 35th Avenue West, Suite 210
Lynnwood, Washington 98087
Phone: (425) 248-2255
Fax: (425) 248-2262
Josef Silny & Associates, Inc. International Education Consultants
7101 S.W. 102 Avenue
Miami, FL 33173
Phone: (305) 273-1616
Fax: (305) 273-1984 (Translations)
SpanTran Educational Services, Inc.
7211 Regency Square Blvd., Suite 205
Houston, TX 77036-3197
Phone: (713) 266-8805
Fax: (713) 789-6022

The following will apply:
  • All translations must be prepared using the same format as the original document
  • All information must be translated
  • The translation must be verbatim (literal)
  • No interpretation or evaluation of information should be included, for example, converting number grades to letter grades
  • The translation must be typed, signed, and dated by the translator and must list contact information for the translator including address, phone number, fax number, and e-mail address if available
  • Each applicant is responsible for any altered documents submitted; the applicant will be denied admission and the issuing board or institution will be notified
The University of Idaho reserves the right to request professional credential evaluation by a third, independent party. Transcript Request and Release Authorization Form

Important Notes: 
  • All documents are subject to verification by University of Idaho.
  • All documents received by University of Idaho become the property of University of Idaho and will not be released to anyone or any institution--not even the applicant.
  • University of Idaho evaluates credentials earned through formal academic training only. Applicants should NOT submit documentation of short-term professional development courses or other non-formal, non-academic training with their application; as such documents will not be evaluated or reflected in the University of Idaho evaluation report.
  • If applicable, applicants must submit proof of name change. (Clear, legible photocopy of marriage certificate, for example.)
  • Some academic institutions can take several weeks to provide transcripts so applicants may want to request their transcript at the earliest possible
  • An Application and an Application Fee are valid for a specific degree, major, and semester. Any change in degree, major or semester before enrollment requires a new application.
  • Graduate Admissions will not disclose to an applicant reasons for denial. Graduate Admissions will encourage the student to contact the department directly and inquire how they might improve their application for future admissions. (The Department can choose to disclose or not.)