Applicants must have a minimum overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 on a 4.00 grade scale equivalent US Bachelor’s Degree. If your GPA meets the minimum admission requirements, the department of major will determine if your overall academic record and test scores meet department requirements
You must present official academic records from each college or university that you have attended.
If you have or are currently attending the U-Idaho you do not need to order UI transcripts, the graduate admissions office will secure U-Idaho transcripts for you.
- All documents are subject to verification by University of Idaho.
- All documents received by University of Idaho become the property of University of Idaho and will not be released to the applicant.
- University of Idaho evaluates credentials earned through formal academic training only. Applicants should NOT submit documentation of short-term professional development courses or other non-formal, non-academic training with their application; as such documents will not be evaluated or reflected in the University of Idaho evaluation report.
- If applicable, applicants must submit proof of name change. (Clear, legible photocopy of marriage certificate, for example.)
- Some academic institutions can take several weeks to provide transcripts so applicants may want to request their transcript at the earliest possible
- An Application and Application Fee is valid for a specific degree, major, and semester. Any change in degree, major or semester before enrollment requires a new application.
- Graduate Admissions will not disclose to an applicant reasons for denial. Graduate Admissions will encourage the student to contact the department directly and inquire how they might improve their application for future admissions. (The Department can choose to disclose or not.)