Transcripts & Academic Credentials

Applicants must have a minimum overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 on a 4.00 grade scale and an equivalent to a US Bachelor’s Degree. If your GPA meets the minimum admission requirements, the department of major will determine if your overall academic record and test scores meet department requirements.

Official academic records of all post-secondary education are required for Admission to the University of Idaho.

  • The Graduate Admissions Office offers a complementary transcript evaluation.
  • In some instances, unofficial academic records may be used for evaluation and the admission review. However, if admission is recommended, the official academic records must be received in order to grant admission.

Academic Records from:

  • US Institutions: Academic Transcripts from each college or university attended must be received by the Graduate Admissions Office directly from the awarding institution in the officially sealed envelope bearing the institution’s official seal, stamp, and/or appropriate signature.
    • Current or Former U-Idaho Students: If you have or are currently attending the U-Idaho, you do not need to order U-Idaho transcripts, the graduate admissions office will secure them for you.
  • International Institutions: Academic Credentials of all post-secondary course work must be received according to the Country Specific directions on the Graduate Admissions Office website.

International Applicants:  

Important Notes: 
  • All documents are subject to verification by University of Idaho.
  • All documents received by University of Idaho become the property of University of Idaho and will not be released to anyone or any institution--not even the applicant.
  • University of Idaho evaluates credentials earned through formal academic training only. Applicants should NOT submit documentation of short-term professional development courses or other non-formal, non-academic training with their application; as such documents will not be evaluated or reflected in the University of Idaho evaluation report.
  • If applicable, applicants must submit proof of name change. (Clear, legible photocopy of marriage certificate, for example.)
  • Some academic institutions can take several weeks to provide transcripts so applicants may want to request their transcript at the earliest possible
  • An Application and an Application Fee are valid for a specific degree, major, and semester. Any change in degree, major or semester before enrollment requires a new application.
  • Graduate Admissions will not disclose to an applicant reasons for denial. Graduate Admissions will encourage the student to contact the department directly and inquire how they might improve their application for future admissions. (The Department can choose to disclose or not.)