1. Check Your Admissions Requirements
| International Applicants
Admission is dependent on credentials that demonstrate the applicant's capacity to succeed academically at the university level.
2. Fill Out an Application
The application is available in both online and paper formats. The admissions office prefers the online application. The online application is processed faster, and the application fee is $25 less than the paper application fee. Those who apply online can also check the status of their application any time by logging back into the online application.
More Info: Online Application
| Application Deadlines
3. Pay the Application Fee
Graduate admissions WILL NOT
process your application or supporting documents until your application fee has been paid. The application fee is non-refundable and cannot be waived.
4. Submit Required Documents (send these together when possible)
The admissions office recommends sending all documents together in one packet. This allows you to know
for sure what has been submitted. Letters of recommendation and transcripts are considered official when
they are received in a sealed envelope with a signature across the flap.
5. Check the Status of Your Application Online
Check the status of your Online application for admission.
- All documents are subject to verification by University of Idaho.
- All documents received by University of Idaho become the property of University of Idaho and will not be released to the applicant.
- University of Idaho evaluates credentials earned through formal academic training only. Applicants should NOT submit documentation of short-term professional development courses or other non-formal, non-academic training with their application; as such documents will not be evaluated or reflected in the University of Idaho evaluation report.
- If applicable, applicants must submit proof of name change. (Clear, legible photocopy of marriage certificate, for example.)
- Some academic institutions can take several weeks to provide transcripts so applicants may want to request their transcript at the earliest possible
- An Application and Application Fee is valid for a specific degree, major, and semester. Any change in degree, major or semester before enrollment requires a new application.
- Graduate Admissions will not disclose to an applicant reasons for denial. Graduate Admissions will encourage the student to contact the department directly and inquire how they might improve their application for future admissions. (The Department can choose to disclose or not.)