Beginning January 1, file your FAFSA by our priority date of February 15 for opportunities for additional financial aid.
National Merit Scholarship Program
The University of Idaho is a first choice for aspiring leaders from around the U.S. In fact, we are a leader among schools in the Northwest and enroll more National Merit Scholars than all Idaho institutions combined.
The National Merit Scholar program guarantees a full-ride scholarship that covers university-defined educational costs for basic tuition and fees, room and board for four years.
Idaho National Merit Scholars
- Freshmen direct from high school or home school (resident or non-resident)
- Apply for admission to the University of Idaho by February 15th
- Achieve Finalist standing with National Merit Scholarship Corporation
- Declare the University of Idaho as first school of choice with the National Merit Scholarship Corporation by their April deadline
- Submit a copy of your National Merit Finalist letter to the Financial Aid Office
- Renewable for three additional years with minimum 3.3 University of Idaho GPA