At the University of Idaho, you can expect a leading level of education that will pay back your investment of energy, time, and money with lifelong rewards. You can also expect leading services that will help you navigate the many ways to finance your education.
When you apply as an international student to the University of Idaho, you will find a personalized, supportive, streamlined process for scholarship assistance.
Steps to Apply
Applying for scholarships is a simple, step-by-step process.
- Apply for admissions as an international degree seeking student – complete with transcripts and test scores
- Accept your financial aid on VandalWeb, our online student-accessible portal system
Scholarships and tuition assistance is available to a limited number of international students.
You will have employment options at the University of Idaho. We can help you find jobs on and off campus through our job location and development program, and this program is open to all students. There are jobs in Moscow for you if you would like to work part-time, and you are allowed to work while in the United States.
Scholarships and Tuition Assistance for Undergraduate Students
The University of Idaho offers the following tuition waivers for international students pursuing their first Bachelor's degree. These awards reduce the amount of non-resident tuition charges each year.
Discover Idaho International Tuition Waiver
This award is guaranteed for all qualified students who meet these criteria:
First Year International Students
- 3.9-4.0 GPA: $8,000.00 per year, renewable up to three additional years with a minimum 2.5 cumulative UI GPA.
- 3.75-3.89 GPA: $6,000.00 per year, renewable up to three additional years with a minimum 2.5 cumulative UI GPA.
Transfer International Students
- 3.8-4.0 GPA: $4,000.00 per year, renewable up to three additional years with a minimum 2.5 cumulative UI GPA.
- 3.6-3.79 GPA: $2,500.00 per year, renewable up to three additional years with a minimum 2.5 cumulative UI GPA.
International Tuition Waivers
- A limited number of International Tuition Waivers are available to new students with a minimum 3.0 GPA who are pursuing their first Bachelor's degree. The award amount is $3,500.00 and it is renewable up to three additional years with a minimum 2.5 UI GPA.
- The number of awards is determined by the amount of funding available each year.
- Preference is given to underrepresented student populations.
- Apply for admission by February 15 for priority consideration.
Priority Date: February 15
The "PRIORITY DATE" to apply for one of these scholarships is February 15 of each year for an award to begin the subsequent fall semester. By submitting an application for the University of Idaho on or before the priority date, students will also be automatically considered for departmental merit scholarships.
Tuition waiver scholarships for the subsequent fall semester may be awarded to students who apply after the February 15th priority date if there is additional funding available. However, those who comply with the priority date of February 15th will be given first priority.
Scholarships may be available for students who apply to enter during the spring semester if funds remain after the fall awards are assigned. First priority is given to students who enter in the fall semester.