What is the Eat Smart IdahoProgram?
The Eat Smart Idaho Program is a FREE local nutrition program taught by nutrition advisors who work for University of Idaho Extension. Programs are designed for families and individuals with low incomes.
Nutritionists can meet with you in your home or you can meet with them at the Twin Falls County Extension Office. Attend free workshops and learn about topics including:
- MyPlate - learn the nutrients for the five food groups
- Food Safety - learn the latest food safety issues
- Cooking - learn how to make quick, low-cost, and nutritious meals
- Saving Money Shopping - learn to read food labels, make shopping lists, and to plan ahead
- Feeding Your Children - learn how to fix nutritious meals your kids will like
- Money Management - learn to manage your money and make it last throughout the month
Graduates of the program receive a certificate of completion from the University of Idaho Extension and a cookbook made up of a collection of fast and easy recipes.
Eat Smart Idaho Hotline News
This brochure is available in PDF format and includes easy-to-make recipes, healthy living and cost-saving meal tips, and also lists upcoming classes and workshops in Twin Falls county.
USDA Food and Nutrition Service