Estate planning is something we should all do and instead, tends to be the thing we avoid most. Will your heirs be able to afford to keep your forestland estate? Who will manage your forestland once your estate is passed on? Learn more about forestland taxes, conservation easements, and forest certification, as well as other issues, to best plan for your forestland's future.
- Estate Planning for Forest Landowners: What Will Become of Your Timberland?
- Toward Sustainable Forest Management Part I: Certification Programs
- Are You Paying Too Many Taxes?
- Financial Record Keeping for Forestland Owners: Developing a Good System
- Property Tax Designation for Idaho's Private Forest Landowners
- Which Forestland Property Tax?
- Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI)
- The American Tree Farm System
- The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)
- Idaho Foundation for Parks and Lands
- Inland Northwest Land Trust
- Palouse Land Trust
- The Nature Conservancy (Idaho Field Office)
- The Trust for Public Lands
- The Wilderness Land Trust
- Wood River Land Trust
- Vital Ground Foundation