4-H Youth Development
The 4‐H Youth Development program provides opportunities for young people to develop responsibility and leadership skills, improve their public speaking ability and gain self‐confidence. 4‐H’ers learn through individual projects, working with other club members and community service.
We are proud of our 4-H program in Owyhee County. Many of our former 4-H’ers have returned to be leaders and help us continue this great tradition.
Owyhee County Fair and Rodeo 2018
"Red, White, and Blue, and Old Fashioned Fair for You!" August 6-11, 2018
- How to complete an Owyhee County Fair 4-H & FFA fair entry (video)
- How to view a previously completed fair entry (video)
- How to add to an existing fair entry (video)
- How to sign up for a time for your 4-H record book interview (video)
- $4 for Cloverbud (ages 5-7)
- $11 for Junior (ages 8-10), Intermediate (11-13), Senior (14-18)
- $14 for those taking the horse project in Junior (ages 8-10), Intermediate (11-13), Senior (14-18) divisions
- Enroll at idaho.4honline.com on or before March 1, and re-enroll each year
- Leaders and advisors re-enroll each year at idaho.4honline.com before March 1.
No matter how many clubs youth enroll in, they only need to pay one enrollment fee each year. 4-H age is your age on Jan. 1. Please pay your dues to your leader. Your leader will review their club list with us and pay dues, payable to UI Extension, Owyhee County, no later than March 1. Owyhee County 4-H does not charge leaders an enrollment fee.
- Club Financial Summary Form (PDF)
- 4-H Secretary Book (PDF)
- Parliamentary Procedure Made Easier (PDF)
- 4-H Club Plan of Meetings and Activities (PDF)
- Owyhee County 4-H Family Handbook (PDF)
- Owyhee County Code of Conduct (PDF) for parents, volunteers, advisors and 4-H & FFA youth
- 4-H Policies and Procedures 2016-2018 (PDF)
- 2016-18 Project-Requirements-Handbook (PDF)
- Owyhee County 4-H Horse Project Record Book (PDF)
- 4-H Record Book Guidelines (PDF)
- Non-animal Record Book (Word) (PDF). Use this record book for all projects other than animal projects
- 4-H Involvement Report (Word) (PDF)
- Animal Project Record Book (Word) (PDF) SAVE BEFORE YOU BEGIN EDITING. Use this record book for all animal projects except horse.
- Permanent Individual Animal Record Book (Word) (PDF) for breeding projects
- How to Sign up for Oral Presentations (video) (written instructions as PDF)
- Speak up with Confidence. This publication is designed to help you prepare for your oral presentation by providing tips in the following areas:
- Putting Parts of a Presentation Together
- Planning and Organizing a Presentation
- Types of Presentations
- Using Multimedia
- Mechanics of Presenting
- Getting Your Message Across with Posters
- Creative Hooks
- Food Demonstrations
- Using Live Animals in Presentations