4-H Horse Program
This program offers a wide variety of opportunities for members to expand their knowledge of horses. While many of these are local, there are opportunities for youth to advance to district, state and national events.
- 4-H Horse Identification Sheet (PDF). Due April 1 each year.
- Kootenai/Shoshone 4-H Horse Leaders Handbook (PDF)
- PNW Horse Contest Guide (PDF)
- Permanent Individual Animal Record (Word) (PDF). One per horse.
- State Horse Bowl Guidelines (PDF)
- Horse Sample Lease Agreement (Word) (PDF). A sample lease form if 4-H members are leasing their project animals from a third party.
County Horse Activity Forms
Each year, 4-H horse members are required to participate in at least one county level activity to show their knowledge and skills while not on a horse.
Members have the option of participating in Horse Bowl, oral presentations, horse judging or hippology.
- County Horse Bowl Guidelines (PDF)
- Horse Bowl Preregistration Form (Word)
- County Oral Presentation Guidelines (PDF)
- Oral Presentations Pre-registration Form (PDF)
- Horse Judging Contest Orientation and Rules (PDF)
Horse Show Entry Forms
Members are required to exhibit their project in an approved public place, such as a 4-H horse show. Here are some options for our members.
Equine Retreat & Horse Camp
Horse Camp & Equine Retreat are week long, intensive learning events for horse members. They will participate in several riding classes each day such as western, English, drill team along with others. Participants also get to do some fun crafts and evening activities while at Camp or Retreat.
- Registration Form for a Horse Camp Rider (complete) (PDF)
- Registration Form for a Horse Camp Non-Rider/Chaperone (complete) (PDF)
- Horse Camp Participant Manual (PDF)
- Registration Form for an Equine Retreat Rider (complete) (PDF)
- Registration Form for an Equine Retreat Non-Rider/Chaperone (complete) (PDF)
- Equine Retreat Participant Manual (PDF)
These are additional opportunities for 4-H Horse members beyond the local level.