Panhandle Area Small Farms
- Thinking of getting into farming? Find excellent resources here!
- Publication: Pasture and Grazing Management in the Northwest
The University of Idaho, Oregon State University and Washington State University have teamed up to offer a new, 200-page book on pasture and grazing management. The paperback includes everything from goal-setting to irrigation to grazing systems. Cost of the book is $18 and can be ordered online or it can be obtained from the University of Idaho Extension office in Bonner County, located at 4205 N. Boyer Ave. in Sandpoint (at the Bonner County Fairgrounds).
Potential New Pest for Fruit Growers: Spotted Wing Drosophila
The ISDA indicates that this insect has infested areas in western Washington, western Oregon and California, and has the potential to move to north Idaho. If you suspect you have a sample of this insect from north Idaho, please contact the Extension office in Sandpoint, (208) 263-8511.
Please review these links for more information:
2013 ISDA Grasshopper Program
Greentree Naturals Featured on Northwest Profiles
Small Farm Links
- Small Acreage Farming Publications
- Idaho Small Farms
- ISDA Pesticide Applicator Exams
- ISDA Pesticide Disposal Programs
- Forage Crops and Pasture Publications
- Pasture and Grazing Management in the Northwest
- Pesticide Recertification Courses
- Resource Guide for Organic Insect and Disease Management
- Northern Idaho Fertilizer Guides