Bonner County Extension Nutrition Program
The Extension Nutrition Program is an educational program designed for families and individuals with qualifying income taught by nutrition advisors trained by the University of Idaho Extension System.
- Participants will: Learn the Food Guide Pyramid.
- Learn about the latest food safety issues.
- Learn how to make quick, low-cost and nutritious meals.
- Save money shopping by learning how to read food labels, make shopping lists, and plan ahead.
- Learn how to fix nutritious meals kids will like.
- And, learn to manage money and make money last throughout the month.
Nutrition Advisors teach classes at agencies such as Idaho's Department of Health and Welfare, S.L. Start and Head Start. Nutrition Advisors also meet with some clients in their homes.
Read all about what the Extension Nutrition Program is doing in north Idaho!
Extension Nutrition Program Update