Strong Women Stay Young
Functional fitness is the primary theme for this program. Strong Women Stay Young is a national fitness program designed to help older adults improve their health and increase muscle mass, which can help them maintain an independent, freely functioning lifestyle.
About the Program:
- Maintain strength, flexibility and balance for daily life to reverse age related changes
- Work on resistance training to build bone density muscle mass and improve joint health
- Learn appropriate exercises, proper technique and adequate intensity for your physical condition/health
- Progress at your pace, without pain, and with other older women
- No requirement for special clothing, or for the purchase of weight equipment.
Please contact Audrey Liddil at firstname.lastname@example.org or (208)236-7311 at the Bannock County Extension Office for more details.
Strong Women Stay Young was developed by Miriam E. Nelson, PhD, and Rebecca Sequin, MS, CSCS, John Hancock Center for Physical Activity and Nutrition at the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University, Boston, MA.