Idaho ROKS is offering New Team & Coach trainings in May and September, 2014.
May 2014 Training Schedule (available via Adobe Connect)
- May 13 - Training #1 - FLL 101 for Coaches, Parents, Mentors, 6:00-8:00 PM PDT
- May 15 - Training #2 - FLL - the Project and the Robot Game, 6:00-8:00 PM PDT
- May 20 - Training #3 - Introduction to Programming the NXT/EV3, Part 1, 6:00-8:00 PM PDT
- May 22 - Training #4 - Introduction to Programming the NXT/EV3, Part 2, 6:00-8:00 PM PDT
Recordings of these trainings and screencast versions will be available on our YouTube Channel in case you missed the live events.
- Download the Coaches' Handbook - 2014 FLL Challenge (available May 5, 2014).
Download the New Coaches' Introduction to FLL (available May 5, 2014).
More resources for new coaches and rookie teams:
Essential Tournament Documents:
Other Useful Resources
|A very good set of tutorials to learn how to program in NXT-G, the language used to program the FLL Mindstorms robot.
|Getting Started guides
See Library for programming and building guides. One way to learn programming is to review programs written by others and “reverse engineer” them to understand how they work.
|Carnegie Mellon Robotics Academy
|Curriculum and training materials for NXT and beyond.
|This is a great site for FLL. Lots of supporting materials for coaches and teams.
|This is a great site for different build designs. FLL teams might explore the different builds and how they are programmed to use in their own robots.