Take fashion into your own hands when you learn to sew. Beginning sewers learn to use a sewing machine, select a pattern, press a garment, and develop basic sewing skills. Intermediates learn to make buttonholes, darts, and neckline finishes. As you progress, learn to sew sleeves, pockets, collars, and zippers and to sew with different fabrics. Advanced sewers might make a prom dress, snowmobile suit, tailored jacket, or a one-of-a-kind outfit you design and pattern yourself.
Some counties may have additional requirements. Contact your 4-H leader or county extension office
to learn more.
- Ready, Set, Sew, Unit 1, Clothing Activity Book*
- Ready, Set, Sew Some More, Unit 2, Clothing Activity Book and Record*
- Seams Sew Easy, Unit 3, Member’s Manual and Record*
- Sew What? Unit 4, Member’s Manual and Record*
- Sew Wow Advanced Clothing Member’s Guide and Project Requirements | pdf |
- 4-H Project Record Book | doc | pdf |
- 4-H Involvement Report | doc | pdf |
- Ready, Set, Sew Leader's Guide*
- Ready, Set, Sew Some More Leader’s Guide*
- Seams Sew Easy! and Sew What? Leader’s Guide*
- Reader’s Digest Complete Guide to Sewing* (for Sew Wow, Unit 5)
Optional Supporting Materials
*Available through your county extension office