- Learn about knitting tools and yarns, knitting terms and knitting directions.
- Learn knitting stitches and techniques and how to combine them to make patterns.
- Learn to care for knitted articles.
- Beginners learn to cast on, knit, purl, bind off, make a seam and create easy knitted articles such as potholders or scarves.
- Advanced knitters might knit with four needles, knit fitted garments or learn Fair Isle or other regional knitting techniques.
Some counties may have additional requirements. Contact your 4-H leader or UI Extension county office to learn more.