- Learn how to select a goat, feed, house and care for it.
- Become familiar with and apply the recommended principles of dairy animal science.
- Care for one or more dairy goats for at least 90 days before exhibiting.
- Gain knowledge of sound breeding, feeding and management practices.
- Develop integrity, sportsmanship, decision-making capabilities and public speaking skills by participation in demonstrations, tours and exhibits.
Some counties may have additional requirements. Contact your 4-H leader or UI Extension county office to learn more.