Annual Instructor Certification Renewal
Instructors must take several actions each year to maintain their certification:
- Re-enroll though 4HOnline with their UI Extension county office.
- Complete general 4-H volunteer training requirements (including UI Protecting Minors training), plus orientations and public record reviews, as applicable.
- Receive official 4-H volunteer authorization.
- Teach or assist in teaching a 4-H Shooting Sports project at least once every three years for each discipline in which they are certified.
- Complete an annual instructor activity report detailing number of hours spent and number of participants trained in each certified discipline during the past 4-H program year (Oct. 1 to Sept. 30). Submit that report to the UI Extension county office by Nov. 15. (Effective October 1, 2017; first report due 2018).
- Attend instructor update sessions when new state or national program materials, instructional methods or significant program changes occur, or as deemed necessary by the Idaho 4-H shooting sports coordinator.
Failure to meet these standards will result in loss of certification for each specific discipline for which the requirements are not met. Instructors will have to complete another state-sanctioned Level 1 training for recertification before teaching that discipline again.