The statewide framework for nutrition and physical activity, Healthy Eating Active Living (HEAL) Idaho 2011-2013
, has identified the priority areas of infrastructure and capacity building, nutrition, and physical activity across the life span.
Idaho 4-H is addressing these HEAL Idaho goals:
- Nutrition Goal 1 - Increase the availability and consumption of low-calorie, nutrient dense foods and beverages.
- Nutrition Goal 2 - Decrease the availability and consumption of less healthy foods and beverages.
- Physical Activity Goal 1 - Increase physical activity among children and adults to meet recommended guidelines.
- Physical Activity Goal 2 - Increase the quality and quantity of physical education and activity opportunities in all schools and childcare settings.
- Physical Activity Goal 3 - Decrease sedentary screen-time (e.g. television, gaming systems and computers) among all Idahoans.