What Is Friends of 4-H?
Friends of 4-H, formerly known as the 4-H Endowment is the charitable organization formed to support the Idaho 4-H program so it can reach more young people, offer new programs, and help youths already in 4-H to reach their greatest potential.
How Does It Help Idaho 4-H?
Idaho Friends of 4-H, allows individuals, groups, and businesses to show their support for the Idaho 4-H program. As a contributor to Friends of 4-H, you will support Idaho’s kids and help “to make the best better.” You will join thousands of other donors to support the state's largest youth serving organization and touch the lives of more than 30,000 young people across Idaho each year.
How Are Donations Used?
- Contributions are used to support and enhance 4-H programs throughout Idaho by funding 4-H events, educational resources, college scholarships, youth leadership training, and volunteer training.
- Contributors may designate gifts to support specific county 4-H programs, scholarships for higher education or youth or adult leadership activities, 4-H Afterschool, 4-H Science, 4-H Teen Conference, 4-H Know Your Government Conference, the 4-H Endowment, or other programs.
- Counties or program areas may request funds from Friends of 4-H by completing a written proposal form. Proposals are due in the 4-H Youth Development office on July 31 of each year.
While most donors make a tax-deductible cash contribution, some choose planned giving, such as the transfer of assets, an estate bequest, or establishing a life-income trust. The University of Idaho’s Development Office professionals can assist donors in determining the best way to give to 4-H.
- Donate online
- Mail a donation [University of Idaho PO Box 443015 Mary E. Forney Hall, Rm. 206 Moscow, Idaho 83844-3015]
- Request planned giving information