Women in Engineering Day
Women in Engineering Day is a one-day workshop for female high school students, grades 11-12, designed to introduce students to career options in engineering and computer science.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Interact with current students involved in the Society of Women Engineers and other student organizations.
- Learn about a career in engineering from professional engineers
- Meet female faculty members and alumnae of the College of Engineering
- Participate in hands-on engineering activities
- Stay with college women in student housing (optional)
- Tour the engineering labs and the University of Idaho campus
The goal of the program is to encourage pre-college women to consider careers in engineering or computer science. Women in Engineering Day participants show an aptitude and interest in majoring in technical fields, and excel in school. This workshop provides the opportunity for students to explore future career possibilities through hands-on activities, exposure to current engineering students, faculty, and professionals, as well as interaction with specific engineering disciplines.
“The things that engineers get to work on are just amazing. There are endless opportunities out there.”