Larry Stauffer, Ph.D. P.E.
College of Engineering
Campus Locations: Moscow
Professor and Dean
With UI Since 1987
Ph.D., Oregon State University, Mechanical Engineering, 1987
M.S., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Agricultural Engineering, 1979
B.S., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Mechanical Engineering, 1978
- L.A. Stauffer. “Lean Implications for the Design of Products”, Proceedings of the INTERNATIONAL DESIGN CONFERENCE - DESIGN 2006 Dubrovnik - Croatia, May 15 - 18, 2006.
- A.D. Kirby and L.A. Stauffer. Analysis of Pin Characteristics for a Variable Geometry Mold” accepted for publication by the Journal of Manufacturing Systems; to appear fall 2006.
- B. Phillips and L.A. Stauffer. “Managing Product Development Projects When Manufacturing Is Overseas”, Proceedings of the 26th ASEM National Conference, October, 2005 and to appear in the December, 2006 issue of the Journal of Engineering Management..
- R. Hong, L.A. Stauffer, R. Santiago, T.W. Ives, “Investigation of the Behavior of Optical Based Toner-Level Sensing,” Proceedings of the 2005 NIP21 International Conference on Digital Printing Technologies, Baltimore, MD, USA, September 18 – 23, 2005.
- Stauffer, L. A. and W. Smith. “Applying Design for Assembly Techniques to Large Scale Weldments Produced in Small Volumes,” Proceedings of the 2005 International Conference on Engineering Design, Melbourne, Australia.
- Leadership Boise Graduate, 1998.
- University of Idaho, College of Engineering, Outstanding Faculty Award, 1991.
- National Science Foundation, Research Initiation Award, 1988.
- Westinghouse Electric Corp., Bettis Division, B.G. Lamme Graduate Scholarship Nomination Award, 1982.
- NASA-Langley Outstanding Achievement Award, 1976.