John C. Crepeau, Ph.D, P.E.
College of Engineering
Campus Locations: Moscow
With UI Since 1994
Ph D, University of Utah, 1991
MS, University of Utah, 1988
BS, University of California, Berkeley, 1983
Solid-liquid phase change with internal heat generation
transition to turbulence
history of science and engineering.
- Crepeau, J.C., Siahpush, A., Spotten, B., “On the Stefan Problem with Volumetric Energy Generation,” Heat and Mass Transfer (2009) Vol 46, pp. 119-128.
- Crepeau, J. C., “Loschmidt, Stefan and Stigler’s Law of Eponymy,” Physics in Perspective (2009) Vol 11, No. 4, pp. 357-378.
- Rempe, J., D. Knudson, K. Condie, S.C. Wilkins, J. Crepeau, J. Daw, P. Green, “Options Extending the Applicability of High Temperature Irradiation Resistant Thermocouples (HTIR-TCs),” Nuclear Technology (2009) Vol. 161, No. 1, pp. 169-177.
- Crepeau, J. C., Siahpush, A. S., "Approximate Solutions to the Stefan Problem with Internal Heat Generation," Heat and Mass Transfer (2008) Vol 44, No. 7, pp. 787-794.
- Siahpush, A., O'Brien, J., Crepeau, J.C., “Phase Change Heat Transfer Enhancement Using Copper Porous Foam,” Journal of Heat Transfer (2008) Vol 130, paper 82301.
- Crepeau, J. C., "Josef Stefan: His Life and Legacy in the Thermal Sciences," Experimental Thermal Fluid Science (2007) Vol. 31, pp. 795-803.
- Crepeau, J. C., McIlroy, Jr., H. M., "Dye-Bubble Interactions in an Open Channel Flow," Heat and Mass Transfer (2005) Vol. 42, No. 2, pp. 104-111.
- Crepeau, J. C., McIlroy, H. M., "Dye Interaction with Rising Bubbles in a Cross Flow," Journal of Visualization (2001), Vol. 4, No. 3, p. 215.
- Nominated, Annual Award for Teaching Excellence, University of Idaho, 2004
- Kodak Award, with H. McIlroy, Visualization Society of Japan, 2002
- NASA-ASEE Summer Faculty Fellow, NASA Ames, 1996
- Jesse and Mabel Hoffman Endowment Teaching Award, University of Idaho, 1995
- NSF-NATO Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany, 1992-1993
- Instructor of the Year, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Utah, June 1991