Edwin Odom, Ph.D., P.E.
College of Engineering
Campus Locations: Moscow
Mechanical Engineering Department
With UI Since 1991
Ph.D., University of Wyoming, 1991
M.S.M.E., University of Wyoming, 1982
B.S.M.E., University of Wyoming, 1974
Applied Mechanics and Manufacturing
Experimental Stress Analysis
- Bell, J. M., and E.M. Odom, “An Experimentally-Based Analytical Model of the Stress Field in an Iosipescu Composite Test Specimen,” ASTM Journal of Test and Evaluation, On-Line Print Preview January 2007, Hard copy July 2007.
- Tew, B.W., and E.M. Odom, and J.D. Teel*, “Composite Specimen Bearing Failure Reduction in Iosipescu Shear Tests,” Experimental Mechanics, Vol. 41, No. 3, September 2001, pp. 218-224.
- Harris*, W.S., E.M. Odom, and B.W. Tew, “Using Archimedes’ Principle to Determine Cross-Sectional Areas,” Experimental Techniques, Vol. 22, No. 5, September 1998.
- Harris*, W.S., E.M. Odom, and S.W. Beyerlein, “Nip Width of an On-Demand Fuser: Part II. Longitudinal Model,” Journal of Imaging Science and Technology, Vol. 42, No. 3, May 1998.
- 1998, Teaching Excellence Award, University of Idaho
- 1991, Outstanding Dissertation Award for the Physics/Engineering Sciences, University of Wyoming
- 1975, Academic Excellence Award for Class 5 FY 75, Association of the United States Army
- 1975, Distinguished Graduate - Ordnance School
- 1970, Four-year Army ROTC Scholarship