WHO can come to JEMS?
Idaho JEMS is open to rising seniors who have completed their junior year in high school and are at least 16 years of age. Students must have least a 3.0 grade point average and have completed three years of high school mathematics and science.
WHAT will I be doing at JEMS?
- Experience life as a college student through coursework, teamwork, and on-campus living.
- Fill your days with labs, experiments, computer exercises, and guest speakers.
- Look forward to meeting new friends, connecting with faculty mentors and touring various engineering facilities.
WHEN does JEMS take place?
JEMS 2013 is a one week program that will take place July 14-19, 2013.
WHERE do I get to go for JEMS?
The University of Idaho in Moscow is the home of Idaho's most comprehensive engineering program. With a 100-year history of educating engineers, the University of Idaho College of Engineering confidently offers traditional and multidisciplinary approaches to preparing our students for the future.
WHY should I come to JEMS?
Gain a better understanding of basic engineering principles, a sharper focus on what to do in your college career, and a real connection with new friends!
HOW do I apply?
Application materials to attend the 2013 JEMS Summer Workshop include:
- JEMS 2013 Application
- Official high school grade transcript(s)
- A single page essay explaining why you want to attend and what you expect to gain from JEMS
- A brief résumé