Michael Anderson, Ph.D., P.E.
Michael Anderson, Ph.D., P.E.
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Washington State University, 1989
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Washington State University, 1987
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Oregon State University, 1983
- Experiment design
- ME laboratory at all levels
- Samuel R. Qualls*, Joseph M. Osborn*, Michael J. Anderson, Eric T. Wolbrecht, James F. Frenzel, Dean B. Edwards, John R. Canning, “Underwater Electric Potential Measurements Using AUVs”, Proceedings of the MTS/IEEE Oceans ‘15 , Washington DC, October 19-22, 2015.
- Joe Osborn*, Samuel Qualls*, John Canning, Michael Anderson, Dean Edwards, Eric Wolbrecht, “AUV State Estimation and Navigation to Compensate for Ocean Currents”, Proceedings of the MTS/IEEE Oceans ‘15, Washington DC, October 19-22, 2015.
- E. Wolbrecht, B. Gill, R. Borth, J. Canning, M. Anderson, “Hybrid Baseline Localizastion for Autonomous Underwater Vehicles”, Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems, DOI 10.1007/s10846-014-0070-5, 2014.
- B. S. Preetham , M. Anderson , and C. Richards, “Estimation of parasitic losses in a proposed mesoscale resonant engine: Experiment and model”, Journal of Applied Physics , Vol. 115, No. 5, pp. 054904, 2014.
- H. T. Leidenfrost*, T. T. Tate*, J.R. Canning, M.J. Anderson, T. Soule, D.B. Edwards, J.F., "Autonomous navigation of forest trails by an industrial-sized robot", Transactions of the Agricultural Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers , Vol. 56, No. 4, pp. 1273-1290, 2013.
- E. Wolbrecht, , M. Anderson, D. Edwards, D. Odell, J. Stringfield*, B. Armstrong*, A. Folk*, B. Crosbie*, J. Canning, and T. Bean, “Navigation of an Autonomous Underwater Vehicle Fleet using a Moving Short Baseline with Synchronized Clock One-Way-Travel Time Ranging”, Journal of Field Robotics , Vol. 30, No. 4, pp. 519-530, 2013.
- Christopher R. Walker*, Jordan Q. Stringfield*, Eric T. Wolbrecht, Michael J. Anderson, John R. Canning, Thomas A. Bean, Douglas L. Odell*, James. F. Frenzel, Dean B. Edwards, “Measurement of the Magnetic Signature of a Moving Surface Vessel with Multiple Magnetometer-Equipped AUVs”, Ocean Engineering , Vol. 64, pp. 80-87, 2013.
- B. S. Preetham*, M. Anderson, C. Richards, “Modeling of a resonant heat engine”, Journal of Applied Physics , Vol. 112, No. 12, 124903-129043-9, 2012.
* = student
- “Energy converters and associated methods”, Patent No. US 8,358,049, January 22, 2013, Morris; Dylan J., Bahr; David F., Anderson; Michael J., Youngsman; John M.
- “Energy converters and associated methods”, Patent No. US 7,893,599, February 22, 2011, Morris; Dylan J., Bahr; David F., Anderson; Michael J., Youngsman; John M., [PC Magazine, See Invention 5]
- "Noise Reduction Back Cover for Computer Devices”, Patent No. 6,198,627. Inventors Donald P. Roehling, Michael J. Anderson.
- “Apparatus and methods for determining at least one characteristic of a proximate environment”, Patent No. US 7,357,030 B2, April 15 2008 , Inventors Stephen R. Novascone, Phillip B. West, Michael J. Anderson.
- “Piezoelectric transducers and associated methods”, Patent No. US 7,710,001, Inventors Morris; Dylan J., Bahr; David F., Anderson; Michael.