B.S. Civil Engineering
Building Modern Society
The work of civil engineers plays an important role in how we live, work, travel and play. In this program, you will learn to plan, design and manage all types of civil engineering systems and processes, and how to apply your skills to develop sound infrastructure and create solutions that will contribute to solving some of the planet’s most pressing problems, including restoring and improving urban infrastructure and providing access to clean water to everyone in the world.
- Small classes with lots of attention from our 16 faculty members; all faculty hold Ph.D. degrees and are licensed Professional Engineers
- Hands-on experiences in the lab and field
- Opportunities for undergraduates to conduct research with faculty members, including in one of the region’s leading transportation research institutes (NIATT)
- A comprehensive senior design experience with real clients and projects that win national awards
- Nearly 95 percent of CE majors take the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (FE) before graduation. The average pass rate for UI students is consistently greater than 90 percent each year compared to a national average of about 70-75 percent
- Excellent job placement of graduates starting at $60K+/year.