Office of the Dean
Phone: (208) 885-6470
Fax: (208) 885-6645
Janssen Engineering (JEB)
875 Perimeter Drive MS 1011
Moscow, ID 83844-1011
Contact Denise Engebrecht
Phone: (208) 364-6123
Fax: (208) 364-3160
Idaho Water Center
322 E. Front Street
Boise, ID 83702
Contact Debbie Caudle
Phone: (208) 282-7983
Fax: (208) 282-7929
1776 Science Center Drive, Suite 306
Idaho Falls, Idaho 83402
Goal 2: Research
- Support strong research areas of focus that are relevant to emerging needs of society, innovative, and interdisciplinary.
- Develop a process to identify emerging areas of focus, support them, and evaluate their performance for continuing support or closure.
- Secure funding to seed new initiatives & faculty support.
- Encourage interdisciplinary research collaboration within the college and with outside partners.
- Develop and implement a model to support research and innovation.
- Build a business plan for research that is transparent, based on outcomes, that provides for staff, equipment, proposal development, financial sustainability, and a supportive organizational structure.
- Maintain a research council within the college to support research activities and promote college-wide initiatives.
- Update, maintain, and provide access to facilities & equipment that support research.
- Disseminate results of research to attract quality graduate students, increase research funding, advance Idaho and beyond.
- Promote publication in scholarly journals and/or conferences and other peer review venues.
- Use emerging communication technology to leverage research results.
- Promote participation by faculty and students in professional societies.