Video Entry Expectations:
Completed videos will need to meet the following criteria
- The video must document a STEM professional who works in Nez Perce county, Idaho.
- The STEM professional has to sign the VIDEO RELEASE FORM.
- The video must be in one of the following formats: .mpeg4, .wmv, .flv, .mov
- The video must be between 2 and 5 minutes in length.
- Videos must demonstrate a STEM professional in action, and address the provided interview questions. Information beyond the interview questions is also encouraged.
- Have them explain what they do.
- How is that science?
- What does it have to do with math or engineering?
- Why use technology and how does it work?
- Ask the STEM professional "What do you suggest to someone wanting to do jobs like yours in the future?"
- What recommendations do you have for a high school student in terms of choosing classes, steps to get into college, the degree, and financial decision-making?
- Videos must be appropriate for all audiences.
- Videos must portray the STEM professional in a respectful manner.
A Virtual Technology and Design Panel will score videos on creativity, informative content and number of clicks on YouTube and other sites.