College of Education
phone: (208) 885-6772
toll free: (888) 884-3246
fax: (208) 885-7607
875 Perimeter Drive MS3080
Moscow, ID 83844-3080
Phone (208) 667-2588
Toll free (888) 208-2268
Fax (208) 664-1272
1031 N. Academic Way, Suite 242
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814
Phone (208) 334-2999
Toll free (866) 264-7384
Fax (208) 364-4035
322 E. Front Street
Boise, ID 83702
The application process should be completed one year (2 semesters) prior to the student teaching semester. Mandatory informational meetings in Moscow are scheduled for February 12-13, 2013. You must attend one of the two meetings to get registered for the on-line application system.
A hard copy of the student teaching application for Spring 2014 (with your advisor’s signature) is due in the Student Services office, ED 209 by 5:00 p.m., April 4, 2013.
APPLICATION PROCESS / REQUIREMENTS
1. Attend one of the student teaching orientation meetings September 12-13, 2013. If you miss the meetings, contact Sally Greene email@example.com to set up an appointment. Once you have received the information you need to fill out the application, have your advisor review and sign it, and return to the Student Services office by no later than 5:00 p.m., April 4, 2013.
2. You must be fully accepted into the College of Education Teacher Education program at the time the application is due (only graduate students and recent transfer students can use the conditional admission process) or your internship application will be processed on a space available basis and may it may delay your internship until requirements are met.
3. You must meet all deadlines for the application and test scores. Any applications turned in after the deadline will be processed on a space available basis. Applications are not usually accepted after the close of the semester in which the application is due.
4. You may not have any course work left to take during or after the internship that is not part of the internship semester or year – any exceptions to this will require permission from the permission of the chairperson of your department. You must submit a written request to Tammy Bowen firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
5. Your degree audit must be current and accurate, if not, work with your advisor to get this taken care of – we use these degree audits to help determine your eligibility. Please attach an explanation if there is something we need to be aware of.
6. If you already have a bachelor’s degree and are a “certification only” student, you must do the following if you have not already done so:
- Declare a “certification only” program through the Registrar’s office
- Your degree audit must be satisfied OR you need to turn in a copy of your degree checklist to Tammy Bowen. This is especially important if you have a lot of transfer credits and/or substitution waivers.
7. You must have passing scores on the assessment(s) required for certification by the first day of the semester before you begin your internship. Contact your advisor to find out which assessments are required for you. The deadline for Fall 2013 placement scores is January 9, 2012. For Spring 2014 placements should be reported by August 19, 2013. It usually takes four weeks to get tests results. Plan ahead and give yourself adequate time to complete these activities.