Research Focus and Goals
In physical activity pedagogy, faculty research focuses on enhancing the quality of instruction to improve physical activity participation in schools and communities in the state of Idaho and beyond. Faculty have gained a strong reputation in the assessment of physical activity and physical education.
The goals of our research program in physical activity pedagogy include:
- Impact student and school employee physical activity, performance and participation.
- Facilitate a change in overall school environment, community and culture to one that integrates physical activity into its day-to-day practices.
- Focus on Idaho and its unique population – to address rural needs and reduce disparities.
- Prepare future educators and administrators to value and support the role of physical activity and wellness on academic performance.
- Use assessment to examine the impact on health, quality of life, and performance.