Exercise Physiology Laboratory:
Equipped to conduct metabolic, cardiorespiratory, cardiac, and body composition research. The Exercise Physiology Lab has technologically advanced equipment for a wide array of performance and physiological testing.
Equipment available in the laboratory includes:
- Metabolic cart
- ECG systems
- Cardiac output monitoring system (PhysioFlow)
- Cycle ergometers
- Anthropometric measurement devices
- Bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA)
- Skinfold calipers
- Bod Pod
- Blood draw and assay equipment
- Ultra low-temperature lab freezer
- Refrigerated centrifuge
Equipped to conduct biomechanical and motor control research. The laboratory houses force plate technology and infrared camera testing.
The Women’s Health Study: Research by Associate Professor Chantal Vella