Doctor of Athletic Training Strengths
The first advanced clinical doctorate in athletic training, this program has been designed to improve clinical practice in athletic training for professionals at any stage of their career. This focus is demonstrated in the following design and curricular characteristics:
- A flexible degree designed for the practicing clinician who resides anywhere in the country.
- Opportunity for students to choose their own residency.
- Development of a network of clinicians committed to improving their clinical practice.
- An integrated curriculum of didactic classroom and clinical coursework, emphasizing advanced clinical practice.
- Conduct of original, applied clinical research focused on advancing clinical practice.
Individualized residencies within the student's chosen area of clinical practice setting or specialty. Students are able to identify their own residency setting and may select their clinical mentor. These residencies are similar to medical residencies and vary according to each student’s interests. All residencies must be approved by Doctoral Athletic Training faculty.
Emphasis on translational research where students become scholarly practitioners who use evidence-based practice to prevent and treat musculoskeletal diseases and disorders.