Sachin Jain, Ph.D., NCC, LPC
College of Education
Campus Locations: Coeur d'Alene
Counseling and School Psychology, Educational Leadership
With UI Since 2007
Ph.D. University of Wyoming 2006
Post Graduate Diploma in Guidance and Counseling, Annamalai University, India 2003
Masters of Applied Psychology V.B.S. Purvanchal University, India 2002
Diploma in Mediated Learning Experience, International Center for Enhancement of Learning Potential, Jerusalem, Israel in collaboration with SGSVC Rehabilitation of Communications Impaired, India 2003.
School counseling methods, assessment and research
Dr. Jain was born in India. He received his education both there and in the United States.
He was awarded the International Fellows and Emerging leader by the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC) and Association of Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES). Dr. Jain has travelled internationally for research presentations and professional service. He currently acts as the co-editor of the Journal of School Counseling
Journal Articles (Selected)
Jain, S. & Dowson M. (2009) “Mathematics anxiety as a function of multidimensional self- regulation and self-efficacy.” Contemporary Educational Psychology, 34(9), 240-249.
Carson, D., Jain, S. & Ramirez, S. (2009) “Counseling and Family Therapy in India: Evolving Professions in a Rapidly Developing Nation.” International Journal for the Advancement of Counselling, 31(1), 45-56.
Ramirez, S., Jain, S., Perez, R.*, Torres, L.F.* & Carlson, R (2009). “The Effects of Cuento Therapy on Reading Achievement and Psychological Outcomes of Mexican-American Students. Professional School Counseling 12(3), 253-261.
Stanbury, S.* Bruce, M.A & Jain, S. (2009) “Implementing an Empathy Building Bully Prevention Program: An Empirical Study.” Journal of School Counseling, 7(2) http://www.jsc.montana.edu/articles/v7n2.pdf
Jain, S. & Castro, V. (2008). Strategies Intervention Model: Preventive approach for low achieving students. Indian Journal of Community Psychology,4(1), 1-12.
* Graduate students
- Idaho Division of Professional-Technical Education
- Idaho School Board Association
- Idaho School Counseling Association
- American Educational Research Association
- Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, UP, India
- VBS Purvanchal University, Jaunpur, UP, India
- South Texas College, McAllen, TX
- Central Wyoming College, Riverton, WY
- Powell Valley Community Education, Powell, WY
- Northwest College, Powell, WY
- College of Education “Outstanding contribution to scholarship” awarded by the University of Idaho (2010)
- “Outstanding Dissertation in Counseling” Awarded by American Educational Research Association (2009).
- Faculty Fellow in Service-Learning, University of Idaho (2008).
- “Emerging Leader” recognized at the Association of Counselor Education and Supervision 2007 conference, Columbus, OH.
- Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers 2007. Selected for inclusion in the 11th edition of Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers & Educators.
- “Best Presentation Award”, Graduate School, University of Wyoming (2006).
- 2005 NBCC-ACES International Fellows. Recognized at the Association of Counselor Education and Supervision 2005 National Conference, Pittsburgh, PA.