Bryan Maughan, Assistant Professor
College of Education
Campus Locations: Idaho Falls
Leadership & Counseling
Director, Professional Practices Doctorate Program
With UI Since 2002
Ph.D. University of Idaho, Adult/Organizational Learning and Leadership
ME.d. University of Idaho
B.S. Brigham Young University
Dr. Maughan is the director of the Professional Practices Doctorate program in the Department of Leadership and Counseling at the University of Idaho, Idaho Falls. Previously he served as a faculty member at Eastern Idaho Technical college where he taught students in technical and technology degrees in medical, mechanical, and business related industries. As a research fellow at the University of Idaho, he studied the effects of interpersonal relationship training on scientists, engineers, and members of management who served as mentors to university interns. As a lecturer for the American Nuclear Society, 5th International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Plan Instrumentation Control (NPIC) and Human Machine Interface Technology (HMIT), he presented research on mentoring among scientists and engineers. He served as the CEO and President of Sentire Mentoring, a professional consulting company focused on the activity of knowledge transfer and management through mentoring in the workforce. He served as the director of International Language Programs (ILP)in Russia and Taiwan where he was instrumental in founding and developing two ESL schools.
- Maughan, B.D. (2006). Mentoring among scientists:Implications of interpersonal relationships within a formal mentoring program.American Nuclear Society, NPIC&HMIT (pp. 115-124) http://www.osti.gov/bridge/product.biblio.jsp?query_id=0&page=0&osti_id=911875.
- Maughan, B.D. (2007). Accelerating the development ofa talented and robust workforce. White paper, U.S. Department of Energy.
- Maughan, B.D. Deeper ways to develop an indispensable workforce, http://www.sentirementor.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=59.
- Maughan, B.D., (2007) Uniting mentorship, leadership, a learnership: Inviting a community of potential. http://www.sentirementor.com/index.php?/option=com_content&task=view&id=60.
- An Invitation to Learn: The Art and Scienceof Mentorship. An unpublished manuscript in review with the Journal of Industrial and TechnicalEducators.
- National Association of Industrial and Technical Educators (NAITTE) research award, 2006.