Summer Session June 10 – July 8, 2012
University of Idaho tuition and fees approximately: 3-6 credits (variable) $271 per credit.
Program fee covers room, meals, University of Idaho faculty services, all activities and field-trip tours and travel to Savaii and America Samoa,
Price does not include airfare(airfare is currently approximately ~$1400 from Spokane to Apia, Samoa), passport, vaccinations, and $200 non-refundable University of Idaho Study Abroad Application Fee.
3-6 University of Idaho Credits:
EDCI 504: Global Perspectives on education for ecological and cultural sustainability (3-6 variable credits),
EDCI 302: Teaching culturally diverse learners (4 credits)
- Jan 15: Commitment to register w/ $700 IPO student application
- May 1: Payment of remaining portion of program cost (all but University of Idaho tuition/fees)
- May 1: passports, visas, vaccinations
- June 1: payment of University of Idaho tuition/fees
o Transformative educational and learning processes grounded in principles of integral theory
o Student-centered instruction founded on cycles of observation, experience, discussion and reflection.
o Participatory based learning methods grounded in inquiry learning and exploration
o Immersion in community settings to explore identity and development
Excursion and field experiences include:
o Immersion in Samoan communities and village schools
o Trips to Savaii and American Samoa
o Visits to beaches, rain forest and high mountain lake.
o Participation in traditional arts, crafts and dance
o Exploration of tropical agriculture practices
o Harvesting and preparing food gathered from on-site garden and open air markets.
- For a complete listing of activities and events please refer to syllabus and travel itinerary on wordpress page (coming soon)