Graduates of the career and technical education program are prepared to become curriculum coordinators, cooperative education coordinators, work-based learning coordinators, supervisors of instruction and administrators of professional-technical programs. Many graduates also go on to become post-secondary instructors or master teachers at the secondary level.
The program offers the following areas of specialization:
- Business/marketing education emphasis
- Occupational education emphasis (more than 100 certification areas)
- Technology education emphasis (teaching preparation)
- Certificate in Technical Workforce Training
- Ph.D. Education with a Career and Technical Education emphasis
- Ed.D. Education with a Career and Technical Education emphasis
Students have ample opportunities to apply classroom theories to realistic situations. Under the guidance of our experienced faculty in a relaxed environment, students will get the most out of their education.
This degree is offered at three of our University of Idaho campus locations: Moscow, Boise and Idaho Falls.