All students who plan to enter degree seeking teacher education programs must make application for admission to the program.
Then application process includes......
- An initial interview with an academic advisor
- Minimum Overall GPA of 2.75
- Minimum of "C" or higher in
- English 102
- Communication 101
- University of Idaho Core Math Course
- EDCI 201 (with 20 hours of service-learning or FCS 210 for ECDE students)
- Letter of application
- Written recommendations
- Evidence of successful completion of a background check
- A competitive interview (when enrollment projections exceed departmental resources)
Students who complete Teacher Education Programs at the university are eligible to receive the Idaho Secondary School Certificate. The College of Education reserves recommendations for initial teacher certification to students who have completed the approved teacher preparation program and hold a bachelor's degree. The student initiates the certification process through the dean's office in the College of Education.
Students who are seeking certification while enrolled in an academic major or after completion of a degree normally satisfy the requirements for the Idaho Secondary School Certificate by including Psyc 101 Intro to Psychology or Psyc 305 Developmental Psychology, and the professional education core as electives in their program for the baccalaureate degree, and by completing one of the following options: (1) one 45-credit teaching major; or (2) one 30-credit teaching major and one 20-credit teaching minor, and the professional internship semester.