Contact Us

Moscow

Department of Curriculum & Instruction
College of Education
University of Idaho
Moscow, Idaho 83844
Phone: (208) 885-6587
Email:teached@uidaho.edu

Coeur d'Alene

Dr. Paul Gathercoal
College of Education
University of Idaho
Moscow, Idaho 83844-3080
(208) 885-5707

Dr. Anne Kern
College of Education
University of Idaho
Coeur d' Alene Center
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho 83814-5497
(208) 292-1402

Boise

Department of Curriculum & Instruction
College of Education
University of Idaho
Moscow, Idaho 83844
Phone: (208) 885-6587
Email: teached@uidaho.edu

college students working with elementary students on IPads.

Program Information

Contributing Colleges & Faculties:

Various courses are offered Face-to-Face and on-line.  Approximately 5% of the 128 credits required for graduation are delivered online; the other 95% are delivered Face-to-Face on the Moscow campus and at the Coeur d’Alene Center.

Admission Guidelines:

All students who plan to enter degree seeking teacher education programs must make application for admission to the program. 
Then application process includes......

  • An initial interview with an academic advisor
  • Minimum Overall GPA of 2.75
  • Minimum of "C" or higher in
    • English 102
    • Communication 101
    • University of Idaho Core Math Course
    • EDCI 201 (with 20 hours of service-learning or FCS 210 for ECDE students)
  • Letter of application
  • Written recommendations
  • Evidence of successful completion of a background check
  • A competitive interview (when enrollment projections exceed departmental resources)

Mode of Program Delivery:

Various courses are offered face to face and on-line.  About 5% of the 128 credits required for graduation are delivered online.  The other 95% are delivered face to face on the Moscow campus or the Coeur d' Alene Center.