Complete the following items below, including the B1 Form, B2 Form and UI transcript request form and submit with your fees, together in one packet within a month of graduation and/or completion of the program. Submit all items to Tammy Bowen, ED 209 so that we may review your application for correctness before sending to the Idaho State Department of Education.
If mailing, send to:
College of Education
PO Box 443080
Moscow, ID 83844-3080
NOTE: If you apply for certification prior to the end of your student teaching internship, your check for the application fee will not be deposited until after you graduate (or have completed your certification only program). There is no late fee for certification applications.
B1 Form - Application for an Idaho Professional Education Credential
Complete all items.
- For Item #1: This is an Initial application.
- For Item # 3: Your choices for certificate are Standard Elementary, Standard Secondary, Standard Exceptional Child (Special Ed) and/or Early Childhood/Early Special Education Blended.
- For Item #4: Your endorsement is the subject area i.e. mathematics, history, etc.
- Remember to complete page 2 and sign at the bottom.
- If you requested the Idaho State Department of Education to be one of your Praxis score recipients, you do NOT have to attach a copy of your results with your application. If you want to double-check, you may call the state at 208-332-6881. If not, please include a copy.
- Attach a $75 check or money order made payable to Idaho State Department of Education.
B2 Form - Institutional Recommendation for Idaho Professional Education Credentials
This form will verify the completion of a State Board of Education-approved teacher preparation program which is required to support the application for an Idaho credential.
NOTE: Complete section 1 only. The address should be the location where you would like your certificate mailed.
Transcripts - Download a transcript request form and follow instructions for completing the form below. Return this form to College of Education, room 210 with the rest of your application. We do NOT want a transcript printed until after you graduate/complete the program. Therefore, DO NOT SEND THIS FORM TO THE REGISTRAR. Follow the instructions below for filling the request:
- Fill in top portion with your name and address.
- Fill in the top right box. Sign where indicated.
- Fill in Send Transcripts section as follows:
- Hold for PICK_UP: enter "Tammy".
- Mail after my B.S. Ed. or Cert Only (choose one) DEGREE is posted.
- Select “Official” and Number of Transcript(s): 1 .
- For Mail to, enter the following:
- Idaho State Department of Education
Office of Teacher Certification
PO Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-0027
- Attach a $7 check or money order made payable to UI Bursar or you may include your credit card number.
** You are responsible for ordering transcripts from any other institutions of higher learning that you have attended. Have them sent directly to the Idaho State Department of Education (address above). Only the coursework that you have completed at the University of Idaho (including study abroad) will appear on your official UI transcript.
Note: You will receive your teaching certificate from the Idaho State Department of Education approximately 6-8 weeks after the close of the semester in which you received your degree and/or completed the certification only program.
Questions: Please contact Tammy Bowen, Certification Officer at 208-885-6610.