Create a future in sustainable design in landscape architecture.
Landscape architecture is a challenging field that offers diverse career paths in professional design practice, agencies such as the National Park Service, and many related environmental fields. This pre-professional program provides students with the design, technical, and theoretical foundations needed to pursue the professional Master’s of Landscape Architecture. Courses include design studios and seminars in theory and criticism, urban and community design, sustainable design practices and green infrastructure, plant ecology and planting design, GIS for landscape planning, construction technology, and a range of CAD and other digital design programs. You will gain the foundational knowledge and versatile design skills for opportunities in landscape architecture, regional land planning and management, or related environmental consulting fields.
This degree is an excellent first step toward becoming a landscape architect. The four-year program offers accelerated seamless entry into the Master of Landscape Architecture, the accredited professional degree program that provides the training and credentials required to practice as a licensed landscape architect.
This is an excellent program for you if you are:
- Interested in sustainable design,
- Interested in working with interdisciplinary teams to solve real-world problems, and
- Interested in blending ecological principals with artistic inspiration to create a beautiful environments.
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Landscape architect
- Landscape designer in a design–build company
- Recreational designer/project manager for land management agencies such as the National Park Service and US Forest Service
- Community and urban planner
- Geographic Information Systems specialist for land planning
- Computer-aiding design (CAD) Digital 3D design and Computer-aiding design (CAD) specialist
- Real estate developer
- Sales Representative for green industry suppliers (nurseries/greenhouses, irrigation supply, lighting supply, playground equipment, street furnishings and more)
- Landscape construction manager