Request More Information
Understanding and conserving natural environments.Professionals in ecology and conservation biology help promote a sustainable future for our planet – and of those who live on it – by working to manage, conserve and restore the natural environments that support diverse forms of life on earth.
In this program, you will build a strong foundation in the traditional sciences, like biology and ecology. You will also explore the social sciences and form a deep multidisciplinary understanding of the environmental, social and political challenges that threaten plants, animals and ecosystems.
Professionals in this field manage natural resources, protect endangered species, and lead other conservation programs. Whether you want to work for a government environmental protection agency, a private conservation organization, an eco-tourism group, or for businesses in sustainable development, this program can help you get there.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy spending time outdoors
- Like biology, ecology and other sciences
- Want to be out in the field doing research
- Are passionate about understanding and conserving the natural world
- Have strong communication and writing skills
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Endangered species manager
- Conservation biologist/ecologist
- Environmental consultant
- Natural resources specialist
- Researcher or field technician
- Conservation/restoration program manager
- Environmental educator
- Invasive species management specialist
- Landscape ecologist
- Riparian/aquatic ecologist
- Eco-tourism manager
- Environmental lawyer (ECB provides a solid science background for J.D. candidates)
Renewable Materials, B.S.
Natural Resource Conservation, B.S.