Request More Information
The business of crop production
Our world’s expanding need for food and energy sources requires professionals who have the expertise to manage and produce high-yield, high-quality crops.
This program combines the study of applied crop production and management with courses in agricultural economics and farming systems. You’ll develop the well-rounded knowledge needed to run small family farms to large corporate operations, manage crop production related to agribusiness, and make sound business decisions in today’s ever-changing local and national agricultural industry.
This major is a good choice if you want to work in applied production agriculture. With this degree, you could pursue a career as a field agronomist, crop production manager or farm manager.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Want to manage farms or crop production
- Have strong communication, decision-making and leadership skills
- Are interested in the business side of farming
- Are involved in 4-H, FFA or other agriculture-related activities
- Are interested in local, national and global agriculture issues
With this degree, you could become a:
- Field agronomist (crops)
- Crop production manager
Food Science, B.S.
Early Childhood Development & Education, B.S.